24 hour Dementia Helpline - Alzheimer Scotland
The 24 hour Dementia Helpline is a freephone Scottish service for people with dementia, carers, relatives, professionals, students and anyone concerned about dementia.
Local dementia advisors can provide:
• Information and advice
• Help you, your family and friends plan for the future
• Put you in touch with local sources of support
Phone: 0808 808 3000 (free)
Mental Health Day Services
Day services with nursing support - the purpose of this service is to provide intensive day care with skilled and qualified support staff as an alternative to admission to hospital.
You must be referred to this service by your GP or through the Community Mental Health Team. This service is free.
Community Mental Health
The Community Mental Health team provide specialist assessment, treatment and care services.
There are 3 teams each covering a geographical area of Moray. Each team comprises Psychiatrist and other medical staff, Community Psychiatric nurses, Social Worker/Care Manager, Occupational Therapist, Psychotherapist. You must be referred by your GP to this service.
The team has a number of professionals - each with different skills and experience.
You will receive a service to meet your individual needs. This service is for adults under 65 years.
Mental Health Supported Tenancies
The Moray Council, through the Community Mental Health Team, offers furnished, supported tenancies across Moray to people recovering from mental illness. Support can also be offered to people in their own tenancies. This is available if you are able to live independently but require some support to keep on your own tenancy. The level of support will depend on your individual needs and will decrease as you become more able to live independently.
Charges - you will have to pay rent, or have these costs met through your benefits.
Phone: 01343 563999
Out of Hours emergency service: 08457 565656
SAMH - Scottish Association for Mental Health.
Provides 24 hour Supported Accommodation and Mental Health Specialism Outreach Service in Moray.
Phone: 01343 542781
Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) is a community led course delivered by people with lived experience of mental health problems. The course will provide you with the tools to:
• develop a wellness action plan
• anticipate and overcome crisis
• build confidence & self-esteem
• take control & manage your emotional health and wellbeing
• realise your aspirations and potential
For information on WRAP and upcoming courses contact Heidi Tweedie, Community Recovery & Wellbeing Champion.
Phone: 07989 331651
Living Life to the Full
Living Life to the Full (LLTTF) is a life skills course designed to help you:
• overcome stress and anxiety
• build confidence
• tackle difficult situations
• understand why we feel as we do
• solve problems
• overcome reduced activity
• change unhelpful thinking
• recognise helpful and unhelpful behaviour
• live healthily
In Moray you can access LLTTF in a variety of ways-
• Via LLTTF workbooks available through your local library and NHS Healthpoint service
• DVD - available through your local library and NHS Healthpoint service
• Online course – www.llttf.com and www.actionondepression.org/services/cbt-online
• Community LLTTF courses. Contact: Heidi Tweedie - email@example.com
Moray Mental Health - Peer Support Group
A community led peer support group run for and by individuals with experience of mental health problems, including carers. Provides advice, information, support meetings and outings.
Penumbra Moray Peer Service
Person-centred and recovery focused support for people with mental health problems, provided by a team of local Peer Workers, who can share their own recovery experience and self management strategies whilst inspiring hope for the future.